Sponsored by:

Best 4L80e solenoids?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 12:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 4L80e solenoids?

Hi
I'm ordering parts for my trans. There seem to be some pretty cheap solenoids etc on the market. Few list brands. There are still some delco shift solenoids on eBay. I want to replace everything electrical. Internal harness, switch, solenoids etc. Where should I buy??
Old 04-11-2016, 05:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty sure the OEM Delco is the way to go. Buy the Jake's stage 2 kit, it comes with all of that.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:57 AM
Teching In

I can only find the Delco shift solenoids. I'd like to know if they are the way to go, or are they old stock / import knockoffs rebranded? So much Delco stuff I buy these days is the same as the cheap crap with a Delco sticker. I don't know what to look for in EPC, TCC or switch manifold either.

I have most of the parts already. I tried to buy from Jakes. Sent them a bunch of emails asking for a shipping quote to Australia. Got nothing back. Ended up buying an ATP seals/frictions/steels/seals kit and a Transgo HD2. Still have to order bushings, bearings and washers as well.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:48 AM
Teching In

The Delco seem to be available for the shift solenoids, but not the TCC and EPC. Does anyone have any real world experience with these?

I tried to buy from Jakes but they never returned my emails. I'm piecing the parts together.

Quick Reply: Best 4L80e solenoids?