Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What brand of stall?

Old 09-18-2016, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What brand of stall?

I am trying to hunt down a stall converter for a project that I have going on. I am swapping a LS3 / 525 crate engine into my jeep wrangler. I am putting a 6l80 transmission behind it and am looking for the best torque converter in a 3200 range stall. I dont want to skimp on this and I like the nice stuff so lets hear it. I have been looking at the Circle-D, yank, and edge racing converters. I just don't know enough about ANY of the vendors to make an informed buying decision or what features I should be looking for.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:38 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DKjeep
I am trying to hunt down a stall converter for a project that I have going on. I am swapping a LS3 / 525 crate engine into my jeep wrangler. I am putting a 6l80 transmission behind it and am looking for the best torque converter in a 3200 range stall. I dont want to skimp on this and I like the nice stuff so lets hear it. I have been looking at the Circle-D, yank, and edge racing converters. I just don't know enough about ANY of the vendors to make an informed buying decision or what features I should be looking for.
Most of the guys here are going to tell you FTI, Circle D, or Yank, Edge isn't a bad converter either. Whoever you choose to go with whether FTI or another vendor, some key features to look for would be a billet cover, billet lock-up piston, good warranty, stall adjustments(for tuning), furnace brazing, tig welding, and all around quality craftsmanship(some of the other members can give first hand experience of the craftsmanship of different vendors)

Give us a call or sheet me a PM if you want some more information, I'm happy to help in any way I can.

EDIT: considering your application a builder capable of building a custom fit converter may be needed depending on what you decide to use for a flexplate and transmission
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Last edited by FTICONVERTERS; 09-19-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I dont think you can go wrong with the vendors here. That being said ive had personal experience in my cars with circle d and yank, and a buddy running a ptc and have been happy with all three.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Circle D!!

The quality of the converter is amazing.... hell, you will be amazed of the quality of packaging..
Old 09-21-2016, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

I have an FTI in mine, and love it...
Old 09-22-2016, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yank FTW. The converter is so nice that I almost feel bad that I can't see it. I beat the hell out of mine and it never stops going.

Edit: Also worth mentioning that I had it restalled for free by Yank, just had to pay to ship it to them. Awesome customer service.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What brand of stall?