Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift solenoids or worse

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 03:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shift solenoids or worse

Stock 5.3 4l80e both junk yard specials. Just finished a carb swap and am using a Jakes "little black box" for trans control with a TCI fast gate shifter. When cold everything shifts fine. Once it all warms up my 2-3 shift is delayed and slow. From what I can tell this usually points to shift solenoid B being bad but I haven't seen any updates from people saying that replacing the solenoid actually fixed the issue. All fluid is new as part of the process included a new CircleD converter. Found a few threads on testing resistance etc. but just wondering if its worth looking into or just start looking for a rebuild? 1-2 shift seems to become affected too but takes longer for that behavior to happen. I don't have a trans temp gauge but this trans was working fine for 3 years when I was still stock EFI computer was controlling the trans with a stock converter; using a scan gauge to read trans temps back then, the temp never went over 200 on the hottest days and my trans cooling hasn't changed so I think I should be ok even though I now have a 3200 stall.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Shift solenoids or worse