Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny guage in air vent??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default tranny guage in air vent??

hey guys, i have the 2 5/8 inch tranny temp guage,i searched and i found that most of you are just pushing them into the vent..well im a pretty healthy boy and i pushed and pushed till i thought i was going to break my guage and the mother wouldnt stay in..it looks snug but if you touch it,it will come out i left the little circular cardboard "trim" piece around it but it just wont stay..any help? also, do any of you run them with nothing blocking the air to the gauge? If i just leave it non blocked off will it cause the gauge to fog? just wondering if this has happended to anyone..thanks guys/gals
matt
Old 06-23-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think once you get the wires and everything hooked up the gauge will stay put better as the weight of the wires will pull on it i guess. Mine hasn't popped out since the install and that's with pretty hard launches every now and then. I've had no problems with fogging or anything else related to it blocking off the vent.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Regular

Take the cardboard off.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Don't take the plastic vent ring out. Leave the cardboard on.Do not rely on the wires to hold it in. I have had no fogging issues even with the air on.

You can hardly pull mine out it is in so tight.All I did was remove the "flaps" and I left the plastic ring that the vent flaps snap into. It'll be VERY tight when installed.