Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought 3200ls FTI stall for a bolt on car, what should I expect?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bought 3200ls FTI stall for a bolt on car, what should I expect?

I have put a lot of stock stalls in cars but this is the first aftermarket stall I will be installing in my own vehicle or any. I am wondering what I should expect in terms of: change in shift, change in WOT shift, and change from a stock stall install? Anything important to know?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

- tune
- tranny cooler bypassing the stock cooler.
- drag radials

- Install procedure is same as a stock converter.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

My tune may have to be adjusted then, I have a great cooler set up, and I have drag radials. 3 clicks in and once in pull it back out to flex plate and bolt in?
Old 01-24-2017, 07:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
My tune may have to be adjusted then, I have a great cooler set up, and I have drag radials. 3 clicks in and once in pull it back out to flex plate and bolt in?
Negative on the 3 clicks, you won't always hear 3 clicks.
Honestly I have never heard 3 clicks on any installs but I don't really listen for them. I just feel for it to be seated then measure to make sure it's fully seated.

When the converter is fully seated you will have about 1.125" from the bell housing to the converter pads.
If not fully seated you will take out your transmission pump when bolting the bell housing to the block.

After it is fully seated and bolted to the block, check converter to flex plate gap. Should be .125 - .250". Any bigger gap than .250" and you will have to put washers/shim in-between converter pads and flex plate to prevent the converter from pulling out to far.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

If it is the same physical size as my stock converter I should have no problems. I made sure the converter was in last time and just pulled it out to the flex plate to bolt on, was not more than 1/4 inch.

Quick Reply: Bought 3200ls FTI stall for a bolt on car, what should I expect?