Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortec PNP Switch Wiring With No BCM

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Vortec PNP Switch Wiring With No BCM

Hi, here goes another PNP switch wiring question on a 4L60E trans. Most of the inquiries have been about swaps and upgrades for cars that have body modules. I have a 2003 5.3 Vortec in a S10, it has no body module. The 7-way connector wiring is what I am concerned about. The PNP switch has 2 connectors, I know some guys use only the 4-way connector and tape up the 7-way, don't use it and be done with it. I want to use the 7-way for my backup lights and use the park/neutral signals to the PCM for drivability reasons. GM wouldn't put that 7-way switch for no reason. I have seen vehicles that have had idle surging or hunting because it didn't know it was in neutral or park. The GM wiring diagrams all include the BCM, so how do you utilize this switch for backup lights and a neutral safety switch for a swap with no BCM. I don't want to use the after market shifter's switches. Any diagrams or info would be appreciated. Thank You.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You can use the unit on the side of your 4L60E for P/N and reverse easily.Lots of threads over in the conversion section if you search,just grabbed one quickly for you to look at and get some ideas.What year is your S10 and what trans did it originally come with?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...-question.html
Old 02-11-2017, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4L60E PNP Switch

Hi, thank you. The vehicle a 1985 S10 and had a manual trans. I may be able to use the original wiring for the backup lights and use the switch in the 4L60E trans. switch with some relays. I'm putting in an auxiliary fuse box just for the LS PCM wiring and sensors. I don't want to smoke anything that's why I want the correct wiring diagram. I looked through page after page in the forum and couldn't find anything.

Quick Reply: Vortec PNP Switch Wiring With No BCM