Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60e No Reverse After Install

Old 03-04-2017, 12:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60e No Reverse After Install

I had recently sent back my old transmission because it had gone bad and luckily it was still under warranty because it was also a remanufactured transmission. After installing this new one the car will not go into reverse however all the other gears work fine. I double checked and made sure all of the wiring harnesses are in place. The torque converter was seated properly and I wouldn't think the converter would be the problem anyway because forward/drive works fine. The cable and linkage is also intact as I shifted into different gears while the car was off and the linkage moved fine. I'm clueless as to what could be the problem. I'm thinking I was just sent a bad transmission? Assuming all the internals are fine and the transmission sent to me is a good one what else should I do?
Old 03-04-2017, 12:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

No electrical issue wil cause no reverse, It will be a hydraulic leak . One simple check you can make that is a common build error is to remove the pan and at rear of valve body under the two shift solenoids is a plate with three 8mm bolts make sure the plate is there and the bolts are tight might save you a removal install.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by performabuilt
No electrical issue wil cause no reverse, It will be a hydraulic leak . One simple check you can make that is a common build error is to remove the pan and at rear of valve body under the two shift solenoids is a plate with three 8mm bolts make sure the plate is there and the bolts are tight might save you a removal install.
ok thanks I will try that and hopefully that will resolve my problem
Old 03-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by performabuilt
​​​​​​
Unfortunately the bolts are tight. I have the pan off now. Any other suggestions?
Old 03-04-2017, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...rse-4l60e.html
Old 03-04-2017, 07:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Bcarrothers21
​​​​​​
Unfortunately the bolts are tight. I have the pan off now. Any other suggestions?
Not really at this point I would say internal. Missing seals on stator, Missing or damaged seals in low / rev piston , Cracked or damaged apply piston in either,

Call 888-744-6542

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4L60e No Reverse After Install