Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Computer + TH400

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation A4 Computer + TH400

OKay, i know i don't have any wires to hook up to the TH400...other than the VSS connection if i have it installed. Here is my question.....

If i install the 400 and get the VSS parts needed to make the speedo work.....do i really need to have the PCM reflashed? What is the worse that could happen if i didn't? Just throw the SES light? Would it affect the way the car runs or anything? If i understand this right.....the speedo will work without any modifications to the program as long as i am running a A4 computer.....right?

Summary......will the A4 PCM still let the car run and drive fine with the 400 in it and having the VSS hooked up?
Old 07-23-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes the car will run a drive without the VSS hooked up, that will just make your speedo work. The problem with running your car with an A4 tune, and a TH400 is that the computer wont know when the car is in Park, Drive etc. If you look in Ls1 edit the car has different rev limiters, timing curves and so on depending what gear the car is in. SO when the TH400 the computer will think the car is in Park, so it will use all the programming for Park, which I BELIEVE im not sure max timing is 20 degree's. So you can either get a custom tune to make the A4 tune work, or you can just get the computer flashed to a M6
Old 07-23-2004, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

I can get my pcm flashed with the M6 portion of the program from what i am being told at this point. So, i will do that if i have too. Was more curious if it was a necessity i guess.

is the speedo portion of the program part of the tranny part of the pcm? if so...goign to a M6 program will result in a 2.5 multiplier right? to make the speedo correct?

Thanks
Old 07-23-2004, 01:25 PM
10 Second Club

I don't have a LS1 but on my car I went from an A4 to a th400 and just reprogramed the computer with LT1 edit to a M6. The computer will think that it's still an autocar and try to shift trowing the SES light. I had my car set up that way before the reprogram and ran fine.