Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car shifts after I have stopped at the junction and hold my foot on the brake

Old 07-27-2004, 07:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car shifts after I have stopped at the junction and hold my foot on the brake

I had hypertech's tuning on my car with shift points set to +3, +5, +8, and shift firmness set at 100%. I reprogrammed it to stock tuning today and now the problem is that when I get the car stopped at the junction and hold my foot on the brake it shifts down and the car goes a little bit forward. It made a bad noise by shifting. My impression is that the car shifts down too late when braking and getting to stop.
Another problem I have got is only at full throttle by flooring the accelerator (kickdown) it gets very fast to the rev limiter and the car doesn't go faster cause of the rev limiter and my speedometer's needle goes back from 125 MPH to 80 MPH. This seems to be the matter in 3th and 4th gear.

Are these all related to the torque management, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

PS. Car is a 98 Camaro Z28 automatic with 2.73 gears
Old 07-27-2004, 08:12 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your trans fluid level before you do anything else, if it low when you come to a stop the fluid will pull away from the pickup and when it comes back it will feel like you are pulling it in gear from neutral.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I will check it and let you know.

Search this Thread