Sponsored by:

New To Converters

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New To Converters

Alright....

So I am going to buy an FBody next spring (probably asking why am posting now) and have decided to go with an automatic setup. I know the m6 and 4l60e both have there down falls, but I wouldn't be to consistant with a m6. I see alot guys running 12.3 to 11.7 on the same car and although traction may play a role, its very evident that not everyone can drive stick. With that said I am going to cop out and take the more consistant route....

Alot of you guys talk about STR ratio, Cam Surge, etc. I have no idea as to what most of this means. loose vs tight, how to pick a converter based on cam, and if a power adder is to be used. Should you spray before or after the converter locks up???

All i am looking for is some help on tech write ups that i've missed using the search button or if someone can better help me understand how this all works. looking to get a better grasp on the language and how to pick for what i am looking for.

my goal would be have a street/strip car that i can drive daily if my other car went down. not something i would be afraid to bring on the high way or sit at a light with. looking to build a 382 (over a few years) spraying with a direct port setup 150-200 shot depending on internals and choice of setup. not trying to jump right in but learn as I go. taking class more automotive classes along side my major (nursing student) next year to get a better indepth feel for what i would be getting into. building a short block looks like a head ache at this point with lots of machine work and most of all... money.

starting to realize why people choose heads/cam/auto/spray. best way to go cheap..... anyways if anyone could help me out that would be great. again i did use the search button but nothing really helped me. seemed like when i was done searching i only had more questions.

thanks for reading.....and sorry to sound like a dunce.

erik