Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need info on tranny swap and convertor selection.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info on tranny swap and convertor selection.

Vehicle is a 99 T/A. Race weight is 3150. Pulled 412 rear wheel hpwr and 405 ft lb. Thru a 4400 2.86str TCI convertor. I am tired of fixing the 4l60-e. I a planning on going to a th 350 tranny with a trans king manual valve body. Naturally with all the good clutches and new sprag and drum. What gear ratio would be optimum for first gear with said set up. I have heard that I can use my stock driveshaft but I will have to change the yoke. If so what u-joint will I need to adapt the yoke to driveshaft. Can I use the stock tranny brace or will I have to fabricate one. I kow I will need to get the adapter for the torue arm mount. What convertor and str would be good for my set up. Dont really care about drivability at this point more worried about max performance. Car vary rarely sees the street or highway. What will I need to make the speedo work again. the little transformer box that goes from mechanical to digital signal? I am in search of the elusive ten second pass. Please help. Below is a complete list of mods.

224 581 112 xer cam, Fox lake Power products Heads. Flowing 296 235 cfm at .550. Heads cut .040. Cartek massaged ls6 intake, Z06 maf, Hooker Long tubes with 18 inch header extensions, Schoenfield Sprint car mufflers, 3:73 gears, Ed wright tuning. Meziere EWP, P/S and A/C delete, Whisper Lid, Various weight mods, Hal 12 way coil overs up front, comp eng 3 ways out back, T/A girdle. Hope you all can help me. Thanks
Old 08-22-2004, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon