Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions about Th400 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Few questions about Th400 swap

IM about to put a th400 in place of my t56, and i still have a few questions that im confused about. What flexplate should i use the one from a 6l truck or a 98 flexplate? Is the adapter plate and spacer every1 mentions the same thing or what the deal? also i heard if i got the 6l truck flexplate i dont need the spacers cuz its built into it since it was mated to a 4l80. I know to get the arp flexplates bolts. I am going to use my stock m6 crossmember but how high does it have to be shimmed up, and how much does my driveshaft need to be shortened? Any advice, opinions, and part numbers that i need to ordr stuff would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 09-01-2004, 08:52 AM
8 second mod

Speed inc sells a direct bolt on kit for the flex plate. very nice piece!
drive shaft will be a couple inches, and the shims will be diferent between cars, you wont know till you set it in place. Mad Man>>> sells a dipstick made for the swap, and you need an extrem duty (style) tq arm. good luck.
we just did the swap last week on my car
Old 09-01-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

I'd suggest getting an SFI flexplate for the added safety benefits. TCI makes one for an LS1. Best bet on your driveshaft is to measure once you get everything in.
Old 09-05-2004, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Speed inc sells a direct bolt on kit for the flex plate. very nice piece!
drive shaft will be a couple inches, and the shims will be diferent between cars, you wont know till you set it in place. Mad Man>>> sells a dipstick made for the swap, and you need an extrem duty (style) tq arm. good luck.
we just did the swap last week on my car
Turns out i bought a th400 with a short tailshaft and with a fixed yoke, what do i have to do to get this too work, Get a longer tailshaft and a slip yoke, or what?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:05 AM
8 second mod

i cant tell you, sory. im not sure about that stuff. East Side >>>>> knows all that stuff.