Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spaying stock and stalled...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spaying stock and stalled...

Plans to spay a dual stage 75 shot on a converter with stock tranny build. Was going with a 3800 TCI, I figure once it blows, I will get a Yank in another tranny?

Well anyway, I know the weak links in the car, and expect the tranny to go. But I hope it is less than a year, but I am sure as hell not going to sacrafice my fun by being worried!!!!!

Is is OK to spay this sucker? I mean I might go bigger on the spray and want to know what the limits MIGHT be. I always expect the worst. Hopping for mid 11s on spray........

Car is a daily driver, and sees some track time........

Thanks guys, and do you recommend TCI, and what kind of experience do you have.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

sure just use a RPM window switch to stop spraying between shifts man. maybe throw a shift kit and trans cooler and deep pan in, and low temp thermostat to give the trans all the life its gonna have.

its gonna die anyways so give it the best chance to live longest
Old 09-03-2004, 04:16 PM
Teching In

I personally HATE TCI. I paid $1000 to get a transmission completely done up to handle lots of HP, then blew up that lame *** TCI converter with only 200hp, at which time it promptly disintegrated and sent all of it's bits and pieces coarsing through my brand new bad *** transmission. I then went to a place in MD (I think it was called Torque Converter Specialties) where they made me one with a little extra stall and a BULLETPROOF case. It ran in an 800hp car on a 700R4 (I know - I didn't believe it either) for about 2 years. 4 u-joints later, the tranny finally crapped out and took the torque converter with it. That remains the best trans/converter I ever had, though...

ANYWAY, I don't like TCI...
Old 09-03-2004, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroSS
Plans to spay a dual stage 75 shot on a converter with stock tranny build. Was going with a 3800 TCI, I figure once it blows, I will get a Yank in another tranny?

Well anyway, I know the weak links in the car, and expect the tranny to go. But I hope it is less than a year, but I am sure as hell not going to sacrafice my fun by being worried!!!!!

Is is OK to spay this sucker? I mean I might go bigger on the spray and want to know what the limits MIGHT be. I always expect the worst. Hopping for mid 11s on spray........

well u might consider the rear end going with it. my rear blew with ONE hook on cold nittos. one hook and buh bye! i understand you dont want to sacrifice fun over a lil worrying, but what happens when you blow the trans, and lock up the rear end. every1 else will be cruzn while ur stuck lookin for parts because you didnt want to worry and play it safe. just my opinion. i would start small and build your way up with N2O. if you shoot it with 75 a few times your gonna wanna go higher increasing your chances of something breaking. i would start low then move up.

J
Old 09-03-2004, 06:42 PM
10 Second Club

still pushing 200 n2o through my all stock car. spraying through shifts. hitting at 2k rpm. just changed fluid in tranny. bought the car with 48k on it. so it needed it anyway. still had some pink look to it. put amsoil in this go around. click the 00 formula link.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Been spraying mine for a year and 1/2 now up to a 150 shot and the tranny is holding up fine with my Vig 3800 tc. Plan on spraying until it blows!!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

just out of curiousity how much $$ have you spent in 1.5years on nytrous+ refills?
Old 09-03-2004, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

I pay about 4.00 a pound so 40 bottle......who knows how many bottles maybe 10-12?
Old 09-04-2004, 09:40 AM
11 Second Club

Well, this is what I wanted to see here. People doing the smae thing I plan on doing. I would never get a converter without getting a cooler, so don't worry.

Anyway, I was getting the rpm window switch, and a complete dyno tune for spray. I only pay an RX members price on nitrous so I am all smiles there.

Don't think the rear end will go, I will be replacing the gears thins month, and if the rear looks bad, spray will be pushed back until I can do somehting to strengthen it.

So you guys have done it, and you guys have had issues, (Going to happen) you guys are just doing a direct shot and not dual or progressive? :dunno: I don't want to be too hard on the motor so that is why I will be going with a dual stage system 75 dry+75 dry=150hp roughly. When I have to rebuild or replace, the car sits, and I catch a ride. :haha: Willing to accept that, but you gotta pay to play you know.

Thanks guys, gives me a bit more confidence wiht the spray....lets hear about your experiences with TCI.....
Old 09-04-2004, 09:59 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Need2gofaster
I pay about 4.00 a pound so 40 bottle......who knows how many bottles maybe 10-12?
$4.00 / lb ?? ouch. $2.50 - $3.00 around here.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

A window switch doesn't stop you from spraying through the shifts. It's still a very good idea to have one, just know what it does. I sprayed with a big stall and stock tranny for a good while with no problems. Some live, some don't, but that's racing.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dont forget to have your car spayed or neutered! But seriously, I dont think your weakest link is the tranny. I would lean more towards the rear end.

Originally Posted by CamaroSS

Last edited by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick; 09-04-2004 at 12:39 PM.