Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why would transmission stay in 2nd when in 3rd?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 07:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Why would transmission stay in 2nd when in 3rd?

Tranny is a Turbo 400. Just got it built and put her back in the car a few weeks ago. Haven't had a chance to get it over to the builder yet due to hurricane's and lack of a way to get the car there. So i'm just curious, I installed everything myself and am wondering if it's possibly something I did wrong. Basically, there's no third gear in the tranny, all the other gears work fine, but when I go to shift to third, the shifter shifts, but the tranny stays in 2nd! I thought it might be the adjustment on the shifter, but I messed with the adjustment for a long time and it's on, can't get it any better (it's lined up in every gear and the gear selector is going into every gear)!!! So finally I said **** it, let me take the shifter cable off the gear selector and just put the gear selector in third by hand, then there's no chance of adjustment problems. I let the car down, pushed it out of the parking spot, hopped in, started her up and went for a spin around the block and it was in second! So i'm confused as to what it could be!! Is there anything else i'm missing that could be my fault that caused it? Cuz i'm freakin broke right now and am hoping I don't have to pay more money to fix it! Took me long enough to get the money together to fix it and get all the other surrounding parts together, been down at least 4 months now, and i'm itchin to get back to the track! I appreciate any opinions, thanks guys!
Old 09-10-2004, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone?!

Quick Reply: Why would transmission stay in 2nd when in 3rd?