Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M Deep Pan and Transpak

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 03:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M Deep Pan and Transpak

My bro gave me a B&M aluminum trans deep pan and a B&M Transpak.

Two ?'s

I'm concerned with the lower ground clearance height if I use the aluminum deep pan because I go over speed bumps daily (college parking lot) and there's some really rough roads from really sloppy construction jobs (they just jackhammer the ground up, then dump a pile of patch and don't use a roller, to top that off, they dump another pile over that making it worse)
Does anyone have a B&M deep trans pan and experience any problems with ground clearance?

And the transpak looks like a bootleg shift kit to me, if it were me, i'd get the transgo shift kit. I'm in the middle of reading the instructions on the transpak and I'm recluent to install it because I have heard many horror stories from people doing it themselves and the trans mess up which costs them a new trans (missing check ball, improper installation) and even some from a few shops.
I'd take it to cartek in NJ but that's like a 2 hrs drive for me, not even knowing they'll need to keep the car or not.
Anyone compare the B&M transpak to the transgo shift kit?
Old 10-19-2004, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the B&M Deep trans pan won't go on b/c a test fit during ATF fluid and filter change showed it hangs too low for my liking.