Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

info for A4 to 6 speed swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default info for A4 to 6 speed swap

I was wondering if there are any how to websites for doing the A4 to 6 speed swap in my 99 Z. I was wondering if it'd be better to swap the inside wiring harness behind the dash since they are different, and the dash is coming out anyway. Also is the steering columns different?? Thanks for any advice my LS1 brothers can give.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

I did this swap about a year and half ago. The easist way is to find someone who wants to go the other way and do a complete swap.

If you go to www.norcal-ls1 and do a search, you will find some info. About six of our club members have done this swap in the last year and half. If I had more time I would give more info.

Good Luck.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spellbound
I did this swap about a year and half ago. The easist way is to find someone who wants to go the other way and do a complete swap.

If you go to www.norcal-ls1 and do a search, you will find some info. About six of our club members have done this swap in the last year and half. If I had more time I would give more info.

Good Luck.

That's what I did, I found someone who wanted to go A4 and swaped him for his M6 setup. I have everything but the pilot bearing. Thanks for the info.