Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to replace my 2-3 shift solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced 2-3 solenoid and still not working????????

ok, so ive been gettin the p0757 code, and i did some research, which says that my shift solenoid circuit b is stuck on, which means its doing exactly what my car is doing, not shifting into 3rd gear..... so i want to replace it, does anyone have any insight on exactly how to do this, and where to get the part? im thinking probably from the dealer but i just want to make sure....i hear its rather easy to do, but i cant find any info on how to do it....please help

ok so i changed out my 2-3 shift solenoid and also the trans fluid and filter while i was at it and im still having problems, it didnt fix my problem of that my car doesnt go into drive or overdrive...is this a bigger problem then? such as my tranny going out on it? please help

Last edited by badazz_ss; 10-16-2004 at 10:45 AM. Reason: have an update on my problem
Old 10-11-2004, 03:24 PM
12 Second Club

Drop the tranny pan, remove the retainer clip and plug for the solenoid pull it out and swap in your new solenoid. It's pretty easy, just did both of mine about 2 weeks ago. While you are at it just replace the filter and pan gasket. It's a lot easier if you have access to a lift. GM PN 10478131
Old 07-02-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

badazz_ss , if you have a high (non-stock) converter, it is likely just the computer getting confused- when it throw the P0757 code, the computer locks you out of 4th gear. I'm just deleting that code via edit now myself.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

did you reset the pcm? if you did. it time to break out the mutimeter, drop that pan again and start checking voltages
Old 07-10-2005, 04:15 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it does this after stalling the car above 3000 rpm then it's a computer fail safe mode that launches you in 2nd gear and will not allow the car to shift out until the key is turned off for several seconds as a reset. Have the code deleted and it should resolve the problem if that's when it occurs. This code also gets set when you have a 3500+ converter and drive around in OD at low rpms. Just keep it in Drive until you need OD (freeway runs).

I hope this helps. It's quite common and very frustrating. Good luck!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:08 AM
12 Second Club

^ that was happening to me with a 3600. Except deleting the code didn't stop it. It just kept the SES light from coming on. It was still going into failsafe mode. When my pump blew, I went back to the stocker and never had the problem again.
The 2-3 solenoid is on the pass side, correct? If you pull the 1-2 solenoid, be carefull that the valve and spring and checkball don't come flying out and rolling down the driveway.
The solenoids you get from the dealer and are about $25.

Quick Reply: how to replace my 2-3 shift solenoid