Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny wont shift out of first gear! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny wont shift out of first gear! Help!

I need some help. The tranny does not want to shift out of first gear. I have a 1994 camaro with a 1998 ls1 and A4 trans. I have been driving the car for almost 3 weeks with no problems (other than my driveshaft and a frozen tie rod which were replaced). I started driving the car last night and as soon as I hit 25 mph, my rpms goes from 1500 to 3000 rpms. If I apply more pressure on the gas, the rpms go to about 3400-3500 rpms and my speed goes to about almost 35mph. It feels like the car is having problems shifting to the next gear. Fluid looks good on the tranny. My speedometer on my 1998 V8 cluster works fine. Is there anything else I should check? I was just starting to really enjoy driving the car.

I had the car scanned at autozone and got 3 codes.

P0410 - Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
P0449 - Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Valve/Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
P0452 - Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Low Input

Can someone tell me what to do or how to go about fixing these codes? I have no clue where to check these codes. I dont even know if these are even tranny related. I did not use the smog/air pump on my swap. Lights on my 1998 gauge cluster are ABS(i too it out), SES, Low Trac(might be associated with abs and brake lights), Brake(need a plug for the master cylinder), and Air bag (not using them for now). Thanks!
Old 10-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Is it second gear, or third gear that it won't go into?

Those codes won't effect the shifting like that. The AIR pump code is because you didn't install the AIR Pump. The other two codes are Evaporative Emission codes. One is for a pressure sensor thats supposed to be on the fuel sender assembly. The other is for a vent solenoid, located near the charcoal canister.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Launching!

It wont go into second gear. I tried manually going from 1 to 2 and my speed goes 45mph in 2nd at around 4000 rpms. If I put it to D, I can only go as far as 35mph @ almost 3900 rpms.

For the vent solenoid, which charcoal canister are you refering to?

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Launching!

anyone else have any idea? thanks.