Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TURBO & C5 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TURBO & C5 4L60E

will need to get some input, looking to push 700 rwhp. need a list of oparts that ill need.
anyone know about a company called performance auto and tranns center hpome of the raptor?

upgrade sun shell? 5 pinion planet gears? input drive? is all this needed?

are red eagle friction plate and kolene steels good or go w/borg warner?

man i appreciate feedback
Old 11-18-2004, 08:29 AM
On The Tree

700 RWHP!!! Wow, I must say that will be tough on a 4L60E. But if you want the best parts available then, I would go with the 5-pinion front and rear planetary. The harden input shaft and beast sunshell are a must for this feat. Red Eagle clutches, Kolene steels, and Red Eagle wide band are the best on the market at this time (IMO). You also need a spring upgrade for the input drum to keep the piston from applying at high RPM. A TCI Trans Scat Kit will be a good choice. You can get all these parts at TCI.

Kevin Steele
Old 11-18-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kevin Steele
700 RWHP!!! Wow, I must say that will be tough on a 4L60E. But if you want the best parts available then, I would go with the 5-pinion front and rear planetary. The harden input shaft and beast sunshell are a must for this feat. Red Eagle clutches, Kolene steels, and Red Eagle wide band are the best on the market at this time (IMO). You also need a spring upgrade for the input drum to keep the piston from applying at high RPM. A TCI Trans Scat Kit will be a good choice. You can get all these parts at TCI.

Kevin Steele

thanks kevin spoke to tci. kevin winstead just built my new turbo stall too.
the red eagles are failry new. the old ones they made werent so good?
i will also get hi perf. input shaft from tci oh you said that
their scat kit is their rebuild ??
my current trans has transgo 4l65 clutch pack and some other little goodies i wonder how long it would last????
Old 11-19-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

700 RWHP.......I hate to tell you .........

I havent even seen a built 4L60e handle that kind of power.

Maybe you should lookin to a built 4L80
Old 11-19-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
700 RWHP.......I hate to tell you .........

I havent even seen a built 4L60e handle that kind of power.

Maybe you should lookin to a built 4L80

i dont think thatll work in c5 though??
Old 11-19-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nick y
There are several automatic c5 pushing above a thousand hp but they have gutted the transaxle and replaced all the guts. You can get anything you want with enough $$$.

Gary
Old 11-19-2004, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by red ws6 99
There are several automatic c5 pushing above a thousand hp but they have gutted the transaxle and replaced all the guts. You can get anything you want with enough $$$.

Gary

TRUE but i not much of a drag racer. i want as much hp and try to be as invisable as possible
Old 11-20-2004, 12:08 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JG built a box for Kinger (700R4) w/a mild 2400 stall for his blown C4.That car runs 9.90@142 and will go faster as the motor was just freshened,They get a solid season out of the box.

I'd talk to Jimmy....
Kingers car just put down 680RW up to 6500,the motors built to go 7500 but he didnt wanna pull it higher on the dyno.Car is making an easy 750RW Nick and the box is lasting..

They run a blower verter thats tight so the car can get traction off the line.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JS
JG built a box for Kinger (700R4) w/a mild 2400 stall for his blown C4.That car runs 9.90@142 and will go faster as the motor was just freshened,They get a solid season out of the box.

I'd talk to Jimmy....
Kingers car just put down 680RW up to 6500,the motors built to go 7500 but he didnt wanna pull it higher on the dyno.Car is making an easy 750RW Nick and the box is lasting..

They run a blower verter thats tight so the car can get traction off the line.

js i think my 3800 would be............. uh........... a little to much. called kevin winstread @tci and made me 3000 with heasvy duty lockup and hand weld something or another???
is kinger running 5 planetary gears or hardened input shaft?
what blower is he running and did he make that on pump?
Old 11-21-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

will need to get some input, looking to push 700 rwhp. need a list of oparts that ill need.
anyone know about a company called performance auto and tranns center hpome of the raptor?

upgrade sun shell? 5 pinion planet gears? input drive? is all this needed?

are red eagle friction plate and kolene steels good or go w/borg warner?

man i appreciate feedback
Do not buy anything from PATC. We broke one of there so called best 700R4's twice. This was in a car making around 425 RWHP. The second time we sent it to Rossler to have him look it over. It was a mess inside and was built very poorly and didn't have the parts in it we paid for.
We now only run Rossler trannies. Rossler also has the fastest 4l60E out there. It is in a LPE TT Vette that goes high 8's. Your asking a lot out of a 4l60E but if anyone can make one strong enough, Rossler Transmissions is who can do it. He is now machining his own billet parts for these trannies.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

thanks kevin spoke to tci. kevin winstead just built my new turbo stall too.
the red eagles are failry new. the old ones they made werent so good?
i will also get hi perf. input shaft from tci oh you said that
their scat kit is their rebuild ??
my current trans has transgo 4l65 clutch pack and some other little goodies i wonder how long it would last????

The red eagle clutches and bands have been around for several years now. The Trans Scat kit is equal to transgo Shift Kit but a lot simpler to install. I would try your set up to see how long it last.

Kevin Steele
Old 11-24-2004, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

I thougth they were the same in fbodys and vettes? does anyone know for sure?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Veteran

700R4 wont work in a C5. Only automatic options are a 4L60E or a 4L65E. We have a 427 F1 procharged C5 making 725rwhp on pump gas and our Level 5 4L65E trans held up fine to over 250 passes. We also have our own billet shafts machined for us. Give us a call if you want to discuss some options for you 877-FLP-2WIN.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

put a yank th-400 conversion in it and forget about it. no overdrive, but a reliable 700rwhp drivetrain doesn't come without concessions.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by maddboost
700R4 wont work in a C5. Only automatic options are a 4L60E or a 4L65E. We have a 427 F1 procharged C5 making 725rwhp on pump gas and our Level 5 4L65E trans held up fine to over 250 passes. We also have our own billet shafts machined for us. Give us a call if you want to discuss some options for you 877-FLP-2WIN.
\

will do~!
Old 03-16-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kevin Steele
700 RWHP!!! Wow, I must say that will be tough on a 4L60E. But if you want the best parts available then, I would go with the 5-pinion front and rear planetary. The harden input shaft and beast sunshell are a must for this feat. Red Eagle clutches, Kolene steelt went s, and Red Eagle wide band are the best on the market at this time (IMO). You also need a u seespring upgrade for the input drum to keep the piston from applying at high the parts yoRPM. A TCI Trans Scat Kit will be a good choice. You can get all these parts at TCI.

Kevin Steele

well its all together! gotta thank kevin seen above for his help, first rate
ran the parts you see above but went with transgo. kevin also provided me some parts that aren't currently available. i cannot explain maybe kevin will chime in. i also was in contact with john goebel, provided me with billett pump. we will run some high high pressures.
as we all know the best parts mean nothing w/out a good builder. jimmy @jg in willow grove pa. put it together.

well getting late ill chime in later date
Old 03-16-2005, 11:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TwnTrboCE

Rossler Transmissions is who can do it. He is now machining his own billet parts for these trannies.

i'd like to buy separate but doesnt sell separate but kevin supplied cryoed and sleeved drum so,,, john goebel may soon resolve that problem and will sell billet drums hummmmmm.......
Old 03-17-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need a Rossler or consider the FLP. I'd buy it assembled and tested from someone who stand behind it. I've seen a lot of people build up a tranny with the right parts and not have them last. There's a bit of art mixed in with the science of building a good A4.

If you're not a true drag racer, why build a 700 HP machine? You're going to have massive traction problems on the street and reliability problems. Plenty of good, reliable options at 500 - 550 RWHP. In any case, good luck with the build up.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:17 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm fully aware that a 700R wont fit in a C5,I was makig a point that the 4L60E/700 are similair and that u can get this type of trans to work if done properly and u watch the temps.

JG can build a box as good as either of these guys..Nick u know that,so just have Jim use the correct parts and you'll get a good season out of it.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JS
I'm fully aware that a 700R wont fit in a C5,I was makig a point that the 4L60E/700 are similair and that u can get this type of trans to work if done properly and u watch the temps.

JG can build a box as good as either of these guys..Nick u know that,so just have Jim use the correct parts and you'll get a good season out of it.

jimmy is as good as ANY high profile builder

Quick Reply: TURBO & C5 4L60E