Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need HELP, Don't know if tranny is screwed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP, Don't know if tranny is screwed.

I've had it rebuilt and it would shift just fine just babying the throttle. A little more gas and it would have a weird stuttering pause from 1-2. It didn't bother me much since at WOT it would shift perfectly. Last night I drove it and the car was shifting PERFECTLY. I found it kinda odd. This morning on my way to school I noticed a rattling noise. On my way home today I was slowing down, the light turned so I gave it gas. Next thing I know the SES light comes on and the tranny wouldn't lock up anymore. I came to a complete stop and I have no 1st gear and no OD. I didn't hear anything blow but I have been hearing a rattle. Could it be the stall? What the hell is going on?
Old 12-04-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

It could possible be a cut o-ring on the 1-2 accumulator. I had a situation fairly close to this on my lt1 car and when I put it together the seal got cut.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took it to a transmission shop and they ran the scanner. They told me nothing came up. I then went to a performance shop here and the guy told me that with the high stall and drastic change of weather (2 days ago it was about 90 degrees, now it's about 55) it'll confuse the computer in some way. I've had the SES light come on before, scanned it and I got the solonoid stuck on. Then it went away, and just today it happened again. I turned the car off to wait for my girlfriend... when I went to the shop I had 1st, OD, and lock up again. So yea, it's just an odd situation, all of a sudden the SES light comes out, then no 1st gear. Take it to a shop for scanning and nothing comes out. I felt like a moron.