Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E cooler line fittings

Old 12-04-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4L60E cooler line fittings

Does anyone know of an adapter to convert the 4L60E cooler line fittings to AN? GM has an adapter that is shown as inverted flare, but they do not say whether it is 45 degree or 37 degree.

Thanks as allways, John McGraw
Old 12-05-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Addict

You need a -5an tube sleeve and nut. Then a -5an to -6an fitting to get -6an lines....
Old 12-05-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

I was actually trying to replace the fittings back on the trans with something other than the quick-release fittings that the factory provides. I found that GM makes an metric fitting that is inverted SAE flare on the outlet to get away from the quick-disconect fittings. I gues I will either order them or just use a compression union to join my stainless lines to the old ones as close as possible to the trans fittings. I wish I had thought about it while I had the trans apart, and I would have changed the holes to NPT thread. This is merely an asthetic issue. I wanted to use polished one-piece stainless lines from trans to cooler. Every thing on the chassis is either painted or polished!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...3/P0000830.JPG

Regards, John McGraw
Old 12-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McGraw
I was actually trying to replace the fittings back on the trans with something other than the quick-release fittings that the factory provides. I found that GM makes an metric fitting that is inverted SAE flare on the outlet to get away from the quick-disconect fittings. I gues I will either order them or just use a compression union to join my stainless lines to the old ones as close as possible to the trans fittings. I wish I had thought about it while I had the trans apart, and I would have changed the holes to NPT thread. This is merely an asthetic issue. I wanted to use polished one-piece stainless lines from trans to cooler. Every thing on the chassis is either painted or polished!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...3/P0000830.JPG

Regards, John McGraw
John that chassis looks great what is it for? Its almost too pretty to put a body on it.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:10 PM
TECH Regular

It is for a 59 Corvette. I am just about ready to fire it up, and then it is time for the upholstery.
Here is a link to my photo albums for the car.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=339303

This is going to be a real highway cruiser, so I did not get real carried away with performance mods, but it should still peel you eyelids back. It will weigh in at a shade over 2700 lbs. I am starting up and a 65 Corvette this winter with the same running gear, but with a LS6 engine.

Regards, John McGraw

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4L60E cooler line fittings