Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tranny cooler install

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny cooler install

I recently put in a yank 3200 converter. I want to put in a tranny cooler, and would like some input on a size and good price to pay for one. this is for a 2000c5. Any help or pics on install would also help!
thanks Nuzz
Old 12-26-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Regular

me pearsonaly i would go with the TCI i dont have a stall or a tranny cooler but i will be geeting one somethime in january
Old 12-27-2004, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a plate type cooler such as a B&M supercooler. 19000 GVW will be plenty for your situation. I don't have a vette, but most instalations that I have seen (Fbodies, Trucks, etc) just put the cooler in front of the AC condensor.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Just installed a B&M Supercooler in my 02 A4 Z28 ... took me the better part of the day. I pulled the AC condensor coil and attached the cooler to the front and then replaced the coil ... felt better about placement and installation and didn't have to disturb the radiator. It is difficult to try and stab the nylon connectors through both the AC coil and radiator at the available angle and view from underneath ... not to mention trying to attach the connectors on the backside and trim through the fan shroud.

I used 3 more ft of hose than came in the kit, a 12oz can of R134a, and a 4oz oil/R134a recharge can combination ... also added about 1/2qt of trans fluid.

I've had a PYE3500 stall in the car for about 3mo with out any issues but felt the cooler would be good insurance ... at least peace of mind as far as exvessive temps go.

B&M makes a very nice cooler by the way ... Cya JHH
Old 12-28-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yikes, that's a lot of work. I stabbed the zip ties through the condenser from under the car and used needle nose pliers to cut them and insert the tabs between the radiator and condenser.