Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone from ls1tech help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone from ls1tech help me out?

here is the original thread on cz28.com.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327523

I just got my tranny rebuilt by Transtech in thousand oaks and after getting the car back it is dying a lot in idle. It idles at about 600 and then starts stumbling and the rpm's start wavering from 600 to around 800 and if I dont gas it soon it falls and dies. This happens especially a lot when I put it in reverse. I thought is was a vacuum leak but it is not. I am convinced that the stall converter is staying locked and was wondering how I should go about to fix the problem. I was recommended to replace the TCC solenoid. To be specific i had an Alto rebuild kit, transgo shift kit, bm trans cooler, and a 3000 edgeracing converter. ANY ADVICE AT ALL WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. -Phil
Old 12-29-2004, 04:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first had a Vig3200 I would encounter this same problem. For me it was my driving habits and not getting used to the stall speed, so I would over do it on the accelerator pedal, then drop off the pedal. This would cause a surging problem until I learned to feather it more lightly. If you up your idle speed slightly, I went from 500 to 650, it should cure that problem. Is the converter a 10" or so? Try adjusting the idle first since it is an easy fix this way. Your's is an LT1 correct?