Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Now!! Overdrive

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 4L60E Now!! Overdrive

I now have OD and credit it to the information attained through this discussion fourm. My problem was in fact within the valve body in that I installed the 3-4 relay valve into the body the wrong way.

Want to give special thanks to "Rock On" as he and I had a few discussions which found the problem. I was near ready to yank it out but he recommended some tests which may suggest that may not be necessary. Additionally, he pulled his books out so that I could compare his verbal discussion to my ASTG book. He went even further explaining what happens during shifting, pressures etc. Now this is from a person that I do not know nor ever met............ Thanks "Rock-On"

This was my second rebuild and the best part of it is that all my buddies were harrassing me in that rebuilding was too big of a project and would take too long & you'll never do it successfully! Well that's what gives me even more insentive.

It was nice driving into their yard yesterday and stating let's go for a ride and your buying!! My S-10 is neither a performace or racing vechile but will get me fishing, boating and hunting.

TreeEm
John
Old 01-11-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool!! I read a majorty of that thread and I'm glad you guys got it figured out....and it's allways nice to rub that fact in your friends face!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Teching In

I know it's an old post but just wanted to say thanks....

This was exactly the problem I had today and if it wasn't for this forum I would have probably not have found the issue as quickly.

Take care and keep up the good work....