Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank pulled through!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Yank pulled through!

As many of you may have remembered the issues i was seeing with my Colorado pickup that i put a converter in.

Dave had sent a call tag for the last converter that wasnt working right for me, and went to work on building one from scratch for me to test. Got a call from Dave last week saying we just shipped the new converter next day air and said this one should be exactly what you were looking for.

So i installed it friday night in about 2.5 hours and imediataly upon backing out of the garage i can tell it had some stall to it. Took it around the block and couldnt stop giggling for about 10 min, the performance is night and day from the stock converter!! I wont bore with the details, but needless to say it out 60 footed a modded WRX that ran mid 13s by half a car accross an intersection and up to 40 LOL

But i just wanted to clear the air and let everyone know that Yank really went out of their way to make my situation right.

But i can also say ive got the first GMT355 (Colorado/Canyon) in the country with an aftermarket converter too.

Tom
Old 01-17-2005, 03:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Who puts a converter in a Colorado anyways!?! LOL that's awesome! Do u have any other mods? It sounds like it would be a pretty kewl project
Old 01-17-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big for Yanks customer service. Sounds like they nailed it down pretty well for you
Old 01-17-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, i always wanted to have a big stall converter in something i own. I driven a few LS1 cars with bigger stall and fell in love with the feel of a big loose stall converter. Hahahha all though im still rowing the 6 speed in my 01' SS, which is soon to have an iron block 402 and 150 hp shot on top of that, so it maybe time for a turbo 400 for that puppy.

Yeah this thing will probably end up the next mini-Parish truck, there are a few companies attempting to produce and market a turbo system for the I5 motor. And with the new Hummer H3 being based off this truck platform, the aftermarket should turn pretty hot within a year or two for these little trucks.

There is no doubt with how this thing rips in the 1/8th mile, 14 sec timeslips might be in its future as it sits with the converter, It was in the mid 15s prior with just a gibson cat-back and K&N fipk weighing in at 4100 lbs and its 4x4. These little trucks make in the area of 200 rwhp and 215tq Not bad when its rated at 220 and 225 tq at the motor.