Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attention A4 4L60E guys FYI

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Attention A4 4L60E guys FYI

I just got done spending $2000 dollars on a high performance rebuild of my 4L60E. First off my tranny was doing this weird thing where i would cruise down the road it would shift just fine and everything, then all of a sudden it would slip into neutral. Well I took it all over the place because no SES codes where being thrown. Nobody could figure out what was causing this problem and I even had several guys take the tranny apart and couldn't find any clutch problems or broken bands. Well after 6 months of troubleshooting I found the cause. This little part can cause way more problems than just what I was experiencing and it seems to only happen in 98-99 cars. 00-02 models got an updated valve body. Anyways the EPC solenoid is what was causing the problem. This part tested fine in all the tests that where run on it but finally after 6 months of working on it I finally got it to test bad. This little solenoid has been updated in 00-02 model tranny's and is no longer an issue. Also I found that alot of the 98-99 tranny's I looked at in birds and camaro's do not have the corvette servo. So moral of the story is if you have a 98-99 f-body i strongly recommend taking the EPC solenoid out and updating it with a newer part. Also GM has 2 new valve body updates that greatly improve WOT shifts. This is just an FYI for all those having transmission issues. The solenoid is like $22.00 or so from a dealer. Also update that servo and valve body while your in there. Oh and the 00-02 cars do not have the valve body updates just another FYI. I hope this info is helpful for someone else beleive me I wish I had this info 6 months ago.
Old 01-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

00-02 models got an updated valve body.
Oh and the 00-02 cars do not have the valve body updates just another FYI.
Just wondering about this...

Quick Reply: Attention A4 4L60E guys FYI