Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of progress

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics of progress

well,got my shifter in and mocked up...what do u think? i wanted to use the m6 top with boot, but it seems that the hammer is too big for the cosole and it hits where the ashtray goes as well as the shifter cable would be at too much of an anlge to mount...i guess im going to have to use the b+m shifter cable instead of the factory one..i was really hoping i could stay with the factory but it uses a ball and socket end and the b+m uses a washer type with a cotter pin..there is no way to change fitting on the b+m either becuase its riveted on from the backside and you would have to take the whole shifter apart to drill it out.. also the big socket end of the oem cable hits the micro swithces on the b+m anyway..oh well....Still need some help with the elecrical part of the install as well ...here you go...
Old 01-25-2005, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good. What boot did you use?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

the one that came with the hammer shifter.......
Old 01-25-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOOKS GREAT

is that for a TH400 or 4l60e?

Does it have gear indicators?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

do they have any that looks good on a Z28? same style, not the T as on the firebirds
Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

it will be for my th400 but you can use it on the 4l60 although i dont know why you would want to.. cant use the stock shifter cable though ..

..yes it has the gear indicators with a led also

as for the ****..im pretty sure B+M makes a round **** instead of the t-handle..that is what it came with so that is what i used...
matt
Old 01-26-2005, 03:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you have to hack any of the console for the shifter to fit?
Old 01-26-2005, 03:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes i had to modify it quite a bit...thats why i bought a spare one from the junkyard that way if i messed it up..i would still have mine... i had to grind the backside of the console down..then i hotglued the b+m "plate" to the factory one..the indicator lines right up all i had to do was widen the factory slot for the shifter to allow for the ratchet shifter..
Old 01-26-2005, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

Lookin Sweet Matteo.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbandit98
yes i had to modify it quite a bit...thats why i bought a spare one from the junkyard that way if i messed it up..i would still have mine... i had to grind the backside of the console down..then i hotglued the b+m "plate" to the factory one..the indicator lines right up all i had to do was widen the factory slot for the shifter to allow for the ratchet shifter..
Great, I was looking at putting the megashifter in, except with a pistol grip handle. Thanks for the info
Old 05-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbandit98
well,got my shifter in and mocked up...what do u think? i wanted to use the m6 top with boot, but it seems that the hammer is too big for the cosole and it hits where the ashtray goes as well as the shifter cable would be at too much of an anlge to mount...i guess im going to have to use the b+m shifter cable instead of the factory one..i was really hoping i could stay with the factory but it uses a ball and socket end and the b+m uses a washer type with a cotter pin..there is no way to change fitting on the b+m either becuase its riveted on from the backside and you would have to take the whole shifter apart to drill it out.. also the big socket end of the oem cable hits the micro swithces on the b+m anyway..oh well....Still need some help with the elecrical part of the install as well ...here you go...
I could not view the pics. Could you please e-mail them to me at lelandbowman@bellsouth.net? Thanks. ~ Leland Bowman