Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what converter to get ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what converter to get ???

well i just got about 900 dollars and a refund and i want to make my camaro faster all i have done right now is lid and exhaust so i was told by a lot of people to get a converter and i think thats what ill do.. what im asking is what kind of converter and what size stall etc... and if this would be a worth while mod from where my car stands right now thanx any info helps
Old 01-28-2005, 03:29 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Anthony,
Your converter questions have been asked hundreds of times at this site, and those threads can be located via the search function. I will assume you are new to this site and to LS1 mods in general. There are many good street converters on the market and some of those manufacturers are sponsors of this site (see right hand margin of this page). Yank, TCI, Precision, A-1 and others. For everyday use in a lS1 street car, a 3200 rpm stall or flash is popular. Call one of the sponsors and they will put you in a good converter.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a tci3000 stall and im a huge fan of it.
it drives like stock and knocked off more than half a second of e.t
Old 01-29-2005, 02:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yank SS3600
Old 01-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Banned

Picking the right converter is not as simple as most people make it seem. It depends on A TON of variables from the gears you have, to your personal preferences. Before you decide, make certian that you research what mods react well to what stall. A good idea is to contact the place you are buying the converter from and let them know what your plans are and they should be able to at the very least steer you in the right direction.