Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to Connect 24 pin connector?!?

Old 01-30-2005, 01:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Connect 24 pin connector?!?

Im not exactly sure what it is called but I cant for the life of me get the the 24(?) pin connecor that connects to the 4l60e back connected. I did it over summer when the motor and trans was out of the car, but we had to take it off to test some electrical stuff and now i cant seem to get it back on. Ive heard you have to line up the arrows then push down a twist, but I honestly cannot get it on at all...if anyone could give a good description on how to get it on that would help me out a ton... Thanks

Chris

*I dont have a-arms on so i have a decent amount of room to work with...and its in a thirdgen.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're inside the tranny, putting the connector back into the tranny housing, there is some twisting involved.

But if that's already in place, the connecting the wiring harness to the tranny is just pushing the connector on.

Doublecheck that the pins are straight (if you can see them).
Old 01-30-2005, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

I had that problem. The male part in the trans was being pushed down when I tried to put the female part on. My trans builder told me to take the pan off and push the connector back up. He said that an oring is the only thing holding that up.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am talking about connecting it to the harness outside the tranny...I cant seem to attach its solidly, i know that it locks in place somehow... Here is a drawing of the connection just to clarify...

*so I am going to have to take the pan off to push up the male connector while i am pushing down on the female?
Old 01-30-2005, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The connector in the tranny is held in place by 4 plastic "out-dentations". It should be ok, unless those ribs have gotten deformed. The main thing is just getting everything straight as you put the connector on.

If you do end up taking the pan off, you can always pull the connector out and inspect the pins that way... And you can test fit the harness to it, to make sure it will go together, while you can see the alignment.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just to let you know, I did end up having to drop the trans pan, and I was able to push the connector back up and it connected fine, only took bout 30-45 min. Thanks for the help
Old 02-09-2005, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

When this happened to me, I had a fresh new Art Carr trans. Nobody knew what was happening and why my car started out in 2nd and would only shift to third. I guess something fell on the trans during shipping.

Search this Thread