Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using this?

GM Performance Parts catalog shows (in the new 2005 catalog) that this will work on the 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L80E & 4L85E.. The web site only lists 4L60E as stated below.. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

12497316 4L60E Transmission Controller
Includes wiring harness, controller, software and lap-top hook-up. Allows the use of electronically controlled transmissions in early model vehicles. Fully programmable for upshift, downshift, part throttle and wide-open shifts and shift firmness. Comes pre-programmed, just enter your rear tire diameter and rear axle ratio and go, or create your own custom shift characteristics. Originally developed by GM Racing for off road truck racing. The controller has the ability to record and graph drag race data like time, speed, shift point, engine rpm and more. Requires a throttle position sensor on carbureted applications, see instruction manual for specific parts required.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a conversion project going where you are not going to use an LS1 PCM?
Old 02-13-2005, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
Do you have a conversion project going where you are not going to use an LS1 PCM?
Actually I am running BS3 for engine management but didnt get the trans controls with it.. So I am debating on sending my unit back for an upgrade (takes two weeks) or using HP Tuners w/ BS3 piggy backed to my stock PCM (this is how I am wired right now) or getting this from GM Performance and using the software that it comes with..
Old 02-13-2005, 04:48 PM
Under criminal investigation for fraud

Joe, it would probably be nice to use that GM controller. If it works like they say it does, it should be pretty nice. Let me know what you find out.