Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transgo and a Crane Pwrtnr?

Old 03-05-2005, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transgo and a Crane Pwrtnr?

Im a newbie to the F-body world, so please bare with me ive been building Fords for years and am not familiar with the 4l60e or the LS1. My 01 ws6 is totally stock for know, but i wanted to go ahead and put in a transgo shift kit before i do any thing else....My question is if i install this kit, and later purchase the Vinci/Crane power tuner.....will the two co-exist with both changing shift firmness..........could i just use the Power tuner to maybe set shift points, but let the transgo handle the shift firmness Thanks everyone this site has been very helpful.

Future mods: MTI lid, Loudmouth, Trans-go kit, crane power tuner, Maybe a small cam with some N2O and a TCI ssf converter
Old 03-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

get some basic bolt ons and a tc, before you get a shift kit. and dont get the power tuner no matter what, its not gonna really do anything, just let the shift kit do its thing.after u get some bolt ons and tc then get it tuned by a professional.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:05 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Default Transgo Kit/Power Tuner

Hi
The word on this forum is usually one or the other, but not both at the same time (have a look around). I have no experience with hand held programmers, but I just installed a Transgo in my Camaro A4 and it works realy well. The only other mod I have is a tranny cooler. Just make sure you have someone credible install it.

I plan to get a programmer, but I realy want it for changing fan speeds, tire size, gears, etc. They are great for this purpose. Some people claim you can set pressures too high with a programer. This is also open for debate. Once again have a look around on this forum as there is lots of good advice.

JA
Old 03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by kazfan30
My question is if i install this kit, and later purchase the Vinci/Crane power tuner.....will the two co-exist with both changing shift firmness..........could i just use the Power tuner to maybe set shift points, but let the transgo handle the shift firmness Thanks everyone this site has been very helpful.
i've had my trans rebuilt with a shift kit. and i used the vinci/crane tuner on top of it. the programmer will add to the firmness of the kit. because you are changing the line pressure via the solenoid. you add the firmness and shift points and it'll almost snap your neck it'll be so hard. i ended up taking the firmness and shift point out to bring it down to a tolerable level.

Search this Thread