Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flywheel bolts make leak?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flywheel bolts make leak?

i was curious about something. I bought my S10 blazer knowing it had a transmission leak inbetween the TC and the tranny. Thinking it wouldnt be that hard to fix, we have had many problems with it. I changed the seals, put a brand new TC and even a new Transmission and changed the seals again 2 more times. When we put the new tranny up in it for the first 2 days it was fine and not leaking but the entire blazer vibrated like crazy. On the fly wheel the three bolts that are used to bolt the TC to it 1 of them has a larger head on it and i was wondering if that would cause the wheel to turn lopsided maybe causing the tranny to leak? if not maybe the rear drive shaft?
Old 03-24-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bolts

Originally Posted by Randyman
i was curious about something. I bought my S10 blazer knowing it had a transmission leak inbetween the TC and the tranny. Thinking it wouldnt be that hard to fix, we have had many problems with it. I changed the seals, put a brand new TC and even a new Transmission and changed the seals again 2 more times. When we put the new tranny up in it for the first 2 days it was fine and not leaking but the entire blazer vibrated like crazy. On the fly wheel the three bolts that are used to bolt the TC to it 1 of them has a larger head on it and i was wondering if that would cause the wheel to turn lopsided maybe causing the tranny to leak? if not maybe the rear drive shaft?
sounds like only one bolt was working. you may have two bolts that have a 9/16 head and one with 15mm. if l'm not mistaking s10 tc were all metric.