Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for peeps who did m6 to a4

Old 03-23-2005, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for peeps who did m6 to a4

I have just done the swap and need to know how to wire the a4 shifter into the m6 dash. I got a a4 wire harness for the car and have already put it in. The clutch assembly had some extra wires left over under the drivers dash. The a4 shifter has extra wires coming out of a black box toward the passenger side and two wires coming out of the drivers side. where do these hook in? I think if I get these wired I can be mobile again. Please help me out here guys!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The black box is the neutral safety switch, you need it to strat your car and this is how you wire it in:
- For the park/neutral safety start connect the purple and dark green wires to the neutral/safety switch that was mounted to your clutch pedal.
- For the reverse lights, connect the brown and light green wires to your reverse lights

The two wires coming out of the drivers side are for the Brake/Park solenoid. It doesn't allow you to shift out of park without depressing the brake pedal. If you want to retain this feature, you would need to wire it up to your brake pedal switch and supply either a ground or positive. I am not sure if it functions with power or lack there of. You will have to verify that ... or someone else.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

what about the orange with black stripe and black with wite stripe wires?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

the wires above are the park/neutral indicator wires. Do any of you know what they go into from the shifter on the m6 harness?

Search this Thread