Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-clips own me

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default E-clips own me

Can someone please tell me the secret to the damn clips that hold the tranny lines on?? My buddy took them off while he was here helping me and left early so I was stuck trying to figure them out and didn't fair so good. Bent one and have a trip to the dealer planned tomorrow. I'm buying a box of them so I can have at it and don't have to worry about bending or losing them.
They look to me like they just slide into place over the line and sit in those grooves to hold the line in then the plastic piece slides up over them. For the life of me I can't get them to pop into that groove. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

the problem is usually getting them off. I haven't heard of people having problems putting them on. The E-clip should open up just a little to fit over the line then it will slide down in the little groove and itll be sort of snapped into place.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put the e-clip on the line before you connect it to the tranny. You will hear it snap when it's in place.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I put one end in a groove and pressed until it snapped in. A box would be ******* expensive, I spent $5 on one clip!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Launching!

I got them on. It just took a nights sleep. I was tired as hell last night when I was trying to do them and I think that was part of my problem. I went and bought 4 clips ( $9 a piece at the dealer!!!) and took me about 5 minutes to get both on and I have 3 clips left over( they're currently for sale. ). Thanks for the replies. I'm doing the tranny cooler now and the only thing I have left after that is putting the exhaust back on.