Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans go downshifting?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans go downshifting?

Just had my Trans go shift kit installed yesterday and I noticed when I hammered down while in 3, the car downshifted automatically. I thought the shift kit would not allow this while in 2 or 3.....only in D (drive) should the car down shift.....well at least this is what I thought. Anyone with a shift kit on thier 4l60e knows what is suppose to happen?
Old 03-26-2005, 01:50 PM
Launching!

I have a trans go shift kit, and when I put it in any other gear besides [D] it stays in gear.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should the car down shift.....
Yes. You can change shift points through computer programming. But Down shifting automatically is normal.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:16 PM
Launching!

So, is down shifting in 3rd normal or not? Or does this need to be changed in the car's program to prevent downshifting in 2 and 3.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nitenshinarmor
So, is down shifting in 3rd normal or not? Or does this need to be changed in the car's program to prevent downshifting in 2 and 3.
Don't you think the car will feel slower if it doesn't downshift?
My car has the transgo kit and all hell breaks loose when I stomp the gas and it downshifts. I would consider that a good thing and the next step would be to get tires for better traction.

Why would you want to stomp the gas and have it just slowly pick up speed?
I'd rather have it drop down and pin your head back in the seat.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jxaxsxoxn
Don't you think the car will feel slower if it doesn't downshift?
My car has the transgo kit and all hell breaks loose when I stomp the gas and it downshifts. I would consider that a good thing and the next step would be to get tires for better traction.

Why would you want to stomp the gas and have it just slowly pick up speed?
I'd rather have it drop down and pin your head back in the seat.
I would have to agree and disagree with you at the same time. Yes, I had rather it downshift when I forget when I have it in 3rd and go to pass a car. However, at the track, I found shifting from 2nd to 3rd at wot when I like doesn't happen. Apparently, the computer is making this decision for me. I have HPTuner and I reckon I will have to play with the shift points to get it where I want it. I had just thought part of the meaning of "shift kit" meant you would be able to shift the car whenever you desire.
Old 03-26-2005, 07:36 PM
Banned

However, at the track, I found shifting from 2nd to 3rd at wot when I like doesn't happen
Thats an upshift as you probably know, it's not going to upshift at wot before the programmed automatic shift point.
I had just thought part of the meaning of "shift kit" meant you would be able to shift the car whenever you desire.
If you read the shift kit info it says it allows you to downshift at your command. Not up shift.
If you want to upshift and downshift at your command you need a full manual shift kit to convert the valve body.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Launching!

ME no read>>>>lol. Thanx for the info though.