Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stall quote

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stall quote

I was looking at getting a stall in the future for mt lt1. I was gonna get a 3400. Unsure of the brand still can anyone reccomend a specfic brand. I want it to be streetable. Also i wanted to get a trans cooler? Any certain brands reccomended? Around how much would this cost to get installed at a trans shop? Would i be better off going to a performance shop and getting it done. How much higher would prices be there>? thanks
Old 05-02-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lt14mla
I was looking at getting a stall in the future for mt lt1. I was gonna get a 3400. Unsure of the brand still can anyone reccomend a specfic brand. I want it to be streetable. Also i wanted to get a trans cooler? Any certain brands reccomended? Around how much would this cost to get installed at a trans shop? Would i be better off going to a performance shop and getting it done. How much higher would prices be there>? thanks
I highly recommend Fuddle Racing. They are one of the sponsors here. Right now they are on sale, at $359
b&m 24,000 gvw tranny cooler. around $60
total installation should be $250 to $350, depending on area and the shop

Any shop that can remove and reinstall the tranny could do it

But you're missing a piece from the equation

I'd highly recommend buying and installing a transmission temperature gauge, to keep your eye on tranny's temp. You don't want it to overheat, and these torque converters *do* produce lots of extra heat ..

Last edited by firechicken2k; 05-02-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey im getting a new converter and i will be selling my old one. Someone in nj would be nice since shipping would be nothing. We might even be able to get a deal on getting it installed they swap mine out and put the new one in and take the one i have and put it in your car. I have a midwest 3,000 stall with a 2.0 str. At the track i droped .4 in the 1/4. Car drives very close to stock. If you want you could stop by and drive my car to see how you like it. Im upgrading cause i want more stall speed. Ill sell it to you for 250 obo. I have been looing around for places to get the new one installed and the best place i seen so far was ttperformance in clifton for 350.. I had my last one installed at a local trans shop and it was 500. I also called around to 30 other places and the price was around 600 including cartek...
Old 05-03-2005, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Mine was installed for $300 at a local perfomance shop.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

By the way, didn't notice you are in Central Jersey

I could tell you of a place not too far away from you, that'll install it for $250.
Thats where I got mine installed.. They aren't a sponsor here, so if you want details - PM me
Old 05-04-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i also have a B&M shift kit. Would this effect anything. I heard some people say shift kits are good wit a stall and some say they are bad with stalls. Is there any certain things i need to look for if i have a shift kit. I will definitly do a trans temp gauge. pm sent firechicken