Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone wanna take a guess at whats wrong with my tranny?

Old 06-26-2005, 12:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone wanna take a guess at whats wrong with my tranny?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we just got the formula finished up for clobberthon and i was hoping for 7.20 to high 7.2s. The car is a heads and cam car making about 420 hp at the motor with a 4l60e built up with 3.73 gears and a 3800 stall and all the suspension stuff for racing. ( still the stock k-member). It hasnt ran in about 3 months because we gutted the interior, put a racing seat in, 10 pt. cage and all that stuff. Before we took it down to gut it out it was running 7.2 pretty consistent. But it started acting weird like it would shift from 1st to 2nd really early after i took off( i was cutting 1.5 60ft) and then the car would kind of bogg down and then pick back up again and then it wuold shift into 3rd really early. So now we have to keep it in 2nd then manually shift it to 3rd at around 5500 rpm. We replaced the tranny and the same thing is still happening. If anyone knows what this is or has had this problem help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks alot.

Search this Thread