Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e question

Does anyone no if a HD manuel transfer case is the same as the one found in the 1500 4x4(also a manuel t-case), not the Z71. I went to a local junk yard and they told me that both manuel cases were the same. They said they only differ if there the autotrac. Just thought I'd ask some ppl who know what they were talkin about.
Thanks

-Vic
Old 06-28-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those parts yards usually know their stuff. Most now have a computer system that tells them what parts interchange with what... we have one (Hollander/Eden) and it is pretty accurate... even gives you close fits and tell you what you must modify.

Originally Posted by vicalma03
Does anyone no if a HD manuel transfer case is the same as the one found in the 1500 4x4(also a manuel t-case), not the Z71. I went to a local junk yard and they told me that both manuel cases were the same. They said they only differ if there the autotrac. Just thought I'd ask some ppl who know what they were talkin about.
Thanks

-Vic
Old 06-28-2005, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They are not the same, however externally I believe they look the same which is where the confusion probably comes from. The 2500 or HD case has a higher torque rating and possibly a different spline input/output shaft.

Check out www.turbotruck.net I think he has swapped over to the HD case.