Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converter gone

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converter gone

After six months the converter took a dump today on the freeway. The truck would not move at all, had to tow it to my friend's garage. This is a well known company on the West Coast and until yesterday they insisted that the problem may be elsewhere. Now, a question for you guys with TC's. Have any of you experienced the same problem with a brand new converter lasting only 6 months? and from the other manufacturers on the East Coast, wich one is the most reliable?
Old 06-30-2005, 07:00 AM
TECH Regular

Seems like a common occurrence with aftermarket TC's. Sorry, no recommendations. I'm still trying to decide which flavor to buy.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Banned

I would hope that after only 6 months it is still covered under a warranty? Have you contacted the manufacturer?
Old 06-30-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure it is the converter? Many things can cause the symptoms of what you are describing. Converter failed, Trans Pump failed, low/leaking fluid, etc ... Did you install the converter yourself or have someone do it? I would take it back to the person that did the isntall if that wasn't yourself. Then I take apart the trans and figure out what happened. If indeed it was the converter, that shop owes you a new piece at least. Good luck!