Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wot

Old 06-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Wot

at WOT from 50 on up tranny downshifts then engine just revvs all the way up and will not go anywhere. speed sensor is ok. does it sound like the tc. cause i just had it rebuilt and that is the only thing that i didnt replace and no light on the dash. tired of wasting money on *TESTS* with no results HELP PLEASE!!!! :confused

Last edited by 1superchevy; 06-30-2005 at 06:15 PM. Reason: TEXT
Old 06-30-2005, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you are in od crusing at 50 and it does it it might be the sprag.... to test this try putting the selector in 3rd and getting up to 50 and punching it if it dosent do it its the sprag if it does still do it then .... i dunno if your are doing this from a dig and it starts banging the limiter at 50 mph id say its a clutch slipping.. I AM BY NO MEANS EDCUATED IN TRANNYS this is just my opnion from past expirences hell either eway id take it back to the builder if you just rebuilt it ....but in anycase it sounds like your gonna have to crack it open which means rebuild time.... o yea from what ive been told ALWAYS replace or refresh a verter with a tranny rebuild beacouse it can have particles of crap in it that can f*up your new tranny if ya dont..good luck

Search this Thread