Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60E Build-up

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60E Build-up

God i hate automatic, with that bieng said i need to rebuild my 4L60E in my 2000 S-10 im looking for a build up capeable of supporting 400-450hp with frequent 100-150 shots i know s-series dont exactly call ls-1 tech home but I hold your opinions higher than the s-series.org guys anyhow what i'm looking at so far is the hughes overhaul kit, hughes deeper pan, i was looking at the b&m 1900-2100 stall converter though it does seem a bit low, the jet billet servo and 4th gear servo, and which is better the B&M shift kit or the trans go?, last question i have is is there any way to get a higher top end i have a 3.73 out back and in OD the truck does about 90 at 3000RPM unless i hevent had fourth for a a while now and thats still 3rd (doubtfull) seems damn low since even with gears your guys are still doin 145+ all help is greatly appreciated
Old 07-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're lost on a few things.
There are stock S10 converters that stall at 2000 IIRC.
I wouldn't put a B&M part on a bicycle.
You don't need a billet servo but if you think you do I know you need a heavy duty band to go with it.
Again if someone gave me a B&M shift kit I'd throw it away.
(Unless it was for a th350, they seem to have gotten away with stealing transgos patented stuff)

With 25" rear tire and a 4L60E you should be going 145 mph at 5088 rpm.

Thats 3.73 x .7 x 336 x 145 / 25 = 5088 rpm. In order thats
gear ratio, OD ratio, multiplier for lock up converter or manual trans, MPH, tire diameter, RPM.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

i agree with jason the only good B&m stuff is the stuff they dont actually make if i were you you could definetly use the covette servo piston, that will help 2nd you dont need but it is highly advised to use a heavier duty wider band you could use the high capacity 4th gear piston if you plan to hot rod in high but i would also try to upgrade the 3/4 clutch pack if your goign to use a hughes, he uses alto plates which offers a ten clutch package and if i were you i would definetly go for that. finally as far as trnas if its goign to shift really hard try for the beast it is a sungear shell and is the cause if you ever lose 2nd asn fourth at the same time as far as converter you cant get too much higher without a reprogram or elese you will register an 1870 code which is a torque converter slip code
Old 07-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the help like i said i hate auto but anything worth doing.... last thing i have for you is wheres the best place to get these parts because i hate useing summit and jeggs isnt my favorite either