Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Th400 into a LS1 parts list, Please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Th400 into a LS1 parts list, Please!

I blew my 4L60E, and was planning on dropping in a temporary 4l60E, my buddy has th400 with a 2800 stall. I bought a 4l60e but its for a LT1, so im selling that back and im thinking i might go ahead and put in his th400, heres the thing, I know some parts have to be moddified and swapped out, but i need to get my car back on the road ASAP, its my only car. So can anybody point me to, or list out All the parts i need and where i can get them? It would be greatly appreciated. The th400 I believe he said is from a 88 saburban that he had built. Thanks guys. Im not having good luck so far.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay the **** you need.

Flex Plate
Shifter (or rig the stock one)
Converter
Transmission
Tranny Cooler
Braided Lines
Crossmember
Driveshaft
Torque Arm
Dipstick
Dipstick Tube
Going to need something to convert the speedo (I think 4L80E parts will do it) since it's your daily driver
Bunch of misc. grade 8 bolts

I think that's everything.
Old 07-10-2005, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Ok so, I will already have the transmission, converter, and ill rig the stock shifter, so I will still need

Flex Plate
Tranny Cooler
Braided Lines
Crossmember
Driveshaft
Torque Arm
Dipstick
Dipstick Tube
Going to need something to convert the speedo (I think 4L80E parts will do it) since it's your daily driver

I think there are people on FAST selling coolers for about 50-100 if i remember right. Hopefully its a 9inch tail so i dont have to redo the driveshaft. Guess ill have to ask him.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kolk1
Ok so, I will already have the transmission, converter, and ill rig the stock shifter, so I will still need

Flex Plate
Tranny Cooler
Braided Lines
Crossmember
Driveshaft
Torque Arm
Dipstick
Dipstick Tube

I think there are people on FAST selling coolers for about 50-100 if i remember right. Hopefully its a 9inch tail so i dont have to redo the driveshaft. Guess ill have to ask him.
You can use the stock flexplate...lines...torque arm (if you use a Yank TH-400 Crossmember)...and bolts.

All you really need is a driveshaft, dipstick/tube, and cooler....

You'll have to change the yoke on the driveshaft no matter what....it's different between the TH-400 and the 4L60-E....