Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank Converter/FLP Transmission Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 03:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Yank Converter/FLP Transmission Help

The transmission is a 4 month old FLP Level 4 4L60E with a new Yank SS3600 converter installed at the same time. I never been to the track or anything. Pretty much just regular street driving with occasional heavy foot. I was backing out of a parking spot put it in drive then it felt like it was still in neutral then went in gear as normal. I started driving then smelled something funny so I pulled over and saw the transmission was leaking a little. I checked the fluid and it was good as new. I drive it 45 minutes home checking it every 15 minutes or so. The next day I changed the fluid and filter. Nothing out of the ordinary. No metal,Not burnt or anything. It looked as though the leak was comingfrom the front of the bellhousing. I wiped it all down and took it for a short driver around the block only to find it slowly pouring out. I turned the car off and it stopped. I brought it to a tranny shop and they replaced the pump,bushings, pressure tested the converter and checked everything else and they couldn't find anything wrong. They put it all back together and $500+ later and it was still leaking. I really didn't think it would be the converter as it was supposed to be one of the best around especially only being 4 months old, but everyone seems to think it must be. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. Has anyone else had an issue with their Yank converter? Where form the converter could it be leaking? The car runs and drives with no problems. It feels fresh as the day everything was put in.

Thanks,
Old 07-13-2005, 05:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have an aftermarket oil pan ck. the bolts as they are sometimes too long and a washer might be needed
also the dip stick seal can leak.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check and make sure the alignment pins in the block that ilne the tranny and engine up are stiil in and hasn't feel out from previous work! Could cause the covertor to sit unlevel with the seal and leak. Just a tought!Good luck!and make sure the dip stick is sealed good!