Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who used VSS to make speedo work in TH400

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who used VSS to make speedo work in TH400

We will be putting the th400 in my car on Monday, and I didn't realy find a write up on how to install the speedo conversion parts. I have the three parts right here, just not sure where in the tailshaft they go. Anyone have any advice, or a detailed write up on how to install them? I want the job to get finished, and this is the only thing that the guy installing my trans/motor isn't sure on what has to be done.

If worse comes to worst, I can plug it in the ABS wire into the VSS, but Id rather keep my ABS since my car is a daily driver, and since I already have purchased the parts to convert it using the sensor. Thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone? I guess my options now are taking the trans to a trans shop and having them throw the speedo conversion kit in, or just installing it without the speedometer and having to take the trans of down the road. Anyone?
Old 07-25-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My speedo parts were installed at the time my trans was built, so I really can't help too much there. I do know that it worked fine while it was on the road. Is your trans already in the car? Who built your trans? I'm sure it's something that could be done at home, hopefully someone will speak up that installed theirs themselves.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:21 AM
11 Second Club

save yourself all the hassle and just use your wheel sensor.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I already have the parts, and I want to keep ABS as it is my daily driver, so I would rather do it that way. Why do you say its a hassle? Do you know from first hand experience? I am thinking of just taking it to my trans guy and getting it done so we dont mess the trans up. The trans isn't on the car yet.
thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, if you already have the parts, and the trans isn't installed, just get it installed. Shouldn't be that big of a deal to do. Works great afterwards.