Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am i losing the tranny or is it tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Am i losing the tranny or is it tuning?

I had the tranny rebuild w/a shiftkit (before i even knew what a converter was) about 30k ago w/a fluid and filter change about 8k ago, i've been trying to get the shifting dialed in like i want it, right now its programed to shift at 6350 w/a 6500 rev limiter, speed requirement is 34mph from 1st-2nd and 48mph from 2-3rd,3-4th remains the same as stock, (i know those are pretty low but i was having trouble w/my lack of traction) heres my problem..the first is kind of a given, i cant get traction for the life of me, im fixing to invest in some suspension and better tires but it burns the tires off all the way thru 1st and hits the limiter going into second, same on the 2-1 downshift, it will break em loose and hit the limiter when it shifts back into 2nd, thats understandable w/the given traction, but the other day it hit it going into 3rd, i mean barely, it hit it and shifted before i had the time to get off of the throttle, then i didnt do it for a few weeks, then it did it again the other day, its not like its hanging up, just hitting it and shifting, can the tranny be going out already, the car only gets 5-6 WOT pulls a week, only on the street, and i've kept up w/the maintanence, what are your guys opinions? if this is in the wrong forum feel free to let me know or move it admins.