Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reprogramming with shift kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Reprogramming with shift kit

I saw in another thread that reprogramming might be necessary after a shift-kit install. I'm getting ready to put in the Transgo HD2 kit

Will I need to reprogram after the shift kit install, or only if I go to the extra-firm shifts? I've got a 3200-stall converter and want to just get the shifts feeling the way they should (not so mushy). I'd hate to have to get custom reprogramming just for that.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea im about to put my transgo shift kit in too and i herd the same thing, that you are supposed to get the shifts reprogramed when you put the kit in, do i have to or will it be ok if i dont?
Old 08-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the very least you need to modifiy the torque management settings. I used to hit TM with a stock trans, more firm shift will hit tm more often.
I also changed a lot of other things but thats where the rumors start. So I'm going to stick with my personal settings.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sorry but what is TM? i just had the shif kit installed today and it seems just fine, shifts rights where it needs to nice and firm not hard, can hold all gears fine. its only on stage 2 setting.