Sponsored by:

Lock-Up problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:46 PM
Rod
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock-Up problems

I was wondering what you guys thought about my current problem. I have a Yank SS3800 which has worked fine for the last couple of years. I recently installed a LS6 cam and intake, which triggered a PO300 code a couple of days after then went away. But now the converter has been locking up late on the street and unlocking on the freeway when I am cruising at 55 and accelerate lightly at about to 75. Do you think this is a tuning issue even though the cam is so small or the converter is going bad? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2005, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Check your trans fluid level first. The 4th gear circuit and lock up circuit use alot of fluid. I have a Derale deep pan, but I fill up 1-2 quarts past the full hot mark. This is an old Grand National trick, but my convertor will unlock/lock if it's not over the full hot mark at highway, (70-up) speeds.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

The car will not lock if it has too many misfires at cruise speeds. The way to get rid of it is to turn off the misfire table or desensitize the misfire table. Fluid level is important also.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Rod
On The Tree

Thanks for the suggestions! I will try to overfill it a little and see if this helps. I will also try to get a scanner on it to see if i have any misfires.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

DO NOT OVERFILL YOUR TRANS. I had a problem with mine not shifting right and it was a tad overfull. Everybody seems to think that it may have been the problem. I would get it tuned and see if that helps.. If nothing else overfilling the trans will cause it to blow out of the vent on the trans and get fluid everywhere and that stuff stinks on the exhaust.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by strokedls1
The car will not lock if it has too many misfires at cruise speeds. The way to get rid of it is to turn off the misfire table or desensitize the misfire table. Fluid level is important also.
This is your problem!!!!! My car did the same thing until i got it tuned........