Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steel Braid Lines

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Steel Braid Lines

Is there anyone that makes the steel braid lines that run from the tranny cooler to the transmistion? The hard line are dumb. I would just like to find a set with the fittings anyone know or have a idea? Thanks Jim
Old 08-31-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

You would have to measure the length you need first. You can buy the parts from summit and make your own, or contact a local speed shop and I'm sure they would make them up for you. Those lines and fittings are super pricey though.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We converted our lines to the high temp/pressure hose (the light blue fluid lines) to -6 AN lines and used adapters for the trans fitting and the cooler ports. We had a local place make them for us, cost IIRC was about $50 or so for the pair.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

True SS braided line like Earl's Perform-O-Flex and fittings are going to cost you about $60-130 depending on what fittings the cooler needs. A cooler with AN fittings is going to cost more total than something you can slip hose on and hold it with a hose clamp.

If you go non-SS, make sure you get rated Tranny hose at your local shop - it is different and stronger than fuel line.

To me, it's reliability vs. price. I've had trouble with all the other type of line and fittings, so it's worth it to me to pay for bulletproof supplies.

Jim
Old 09-01-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I have stainless steel braided AN-6 hose going from my trans lines to my B&M 24K cooler, I have 2 small stainless steel aircraft grade clamps ($1.50 ea) holding the lines on. They have been on my vehicle for over 18K miles, and I have had absolutley no problems with these lines leaking or coming off from the cooler.

SteveC
Old 09-02-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Question Stupid Tranny Line Question?

Which line goes in which hole(port), on the side of the 4L60E? It seems that the stock F-body rigid lines have a high pressure line & a low pressure line. This, I summized, is evident at the front end of these lines, where one line is simply hose clamped from the factory, and the other is a permanent crimp-fitting line. And does it matter, which line goes where, on the radiator? Thanks for your input. Gar
Old 09-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Q
TECH Enthusiast

I used an Earls fitting in the case of my 4L60E. Simply took the quick connect fitting out and up to a local race parts house here in Houston. The fitting was 1/4NPT to -6AN..