Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need tranny help Bad

Old 09-08-2005, 01:41 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need tranny help Bad

I just talked with a tranny guy about installing my HD2 for me. He said with the milage on my truck he wouldn't recomend it. I told him I wanted a little firmer shifts, and to beef it up for the stall soon to go in. He recomended letting him swap the accumulators and springs and turn up something to up the pressure for the firmer shifts, then when and if the tranny goes to build a beefed up tranny and save the shift kit for that one. Im confused. I thought the shift kit would keep the tranny alive longer I need some help bad now.
Old 09-09-2005, 07:49 AM
Banned

Default hey

Run away, get as far away from that fella as you can get, don't look back...keep on going...forget you ever talked to him ..pinch yourself to be sure it wasn't a dream and find another tranny guy...hope this helps Dave
Old 09-09-2005, 09:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Thanks. I know the guy knows his ****, but I married his ex fiance, so that may have something to do with it. And the $450 quote he gave me for installing the trans go HD2 in my truck. Thanks for the heads up though.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Banned

Default hey

Here's the thing, it's kind like this... if the tranny is to bad to install the hd2 it is too weak to accept the pressure change. The 450.00 thats not such a bad deal...I'm not even going to comment on the ex stuff tho ...hope this helps..Dave
Old 09-09-2005, 10:47 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Anyone got a list of suggested parts to throw in with the HD2? I got teh forward accumulator, and seperator plate. What else is a good Idea to add?
Old 09-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-On
Here's the thing, it's kind like this... if the tranny is to bad to install the hd2 it is too weak to accept the pressure change. The 450.00 thats not such a bad deal...I'm not even going to comment on the ex stuff tho ...hope this helps..Dave
$450 isn't bad if it includes R&R of the tranny for TC installation and the kit ... but the Transgo kit is not a fix for a tranny that's going away. I'd only install it on hi-mileage tranny if it's functioning completely normally. Otherwise I'd wait for the built tranny like the man said.

Search this Thread