Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Transmission Mount Can't be Found

Old 09-19-2005, 12:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Transmission Mount Can't be Found

My car is close to 60,000 miles and the transmission mount hasn't been replaced so I figure its time.

I went to autozone and oreily and they both gave me the wrong one (it had two studs).

I went to a transmission shop and they gave me one that looks like it will fit but it doesn't look the same as the one under there now. The stud is smaller and will require a new, smaller nut(going to a smaller stud doesnt seem like a good idea to me?) Also doesn't have the U shaped end the faces toward the rear of the car.

Will the $20 mounts look different or should it be exactly like the GM one? I don't want to spend $60 from the dealer if its not neccessary.

Thanks,
Lane
Old 09-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Staging Lane

I had the same problem, take your old transmission mount to O'Reillys and ask them for the Pioneer motor mount/transmission mount book. There are pictures of every mount twords the back of the book, thats the only way I was able to find one! Good Luck, Ill look and see if I can get that part number again when I go to work today!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

I used one off a 97. I bought it at Bumper to Bumper. It worked fine, I have a 98'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Transmission Mount Can't be Found